Hey, I'm Stephanie (she/her)
I am a compassionate, honest, empathetic therapist, and I prioritize ethical practice and integrity above all else. I like to incorporate my warmth and sense of humour in my work with clients to help put people at ease and develop a positive therapeutic relationship. I believe that seeking out a therapist is a courageous step in taking care of your mental health. Whether you’re experiencing a major conflict, life change or transition that you need support with, or if you are just in need of a non-judgmental space where you can feel heard, appreciated and validated, I would love to be a part of your mental health journey. I take a client-centred approach and respect the fact that you are the expert of your own life. Life can be incredibly difficult and through the use of a strengths based, non-judgmental lens, I will work with you to instil hope, build skills and progress toward goals to support you through life’s various challenges. I have experience working with children, youth, adults, couples and families presenting with a wide range of concerns and mental health needs.
Benefits of Working with Me
- I have a kind, caring and warm approach
- I am very ethical and place high importance on my own integrity
- I prioritize building positive relationships between myself and my clients
- I maintain a safe and non-judgmental space for you to feel at ease
- I have worked with clients with a variety of backgrounds, mental illnesses, sexual orientations, gender expressions, religions, and cultures
I am a registered Social Worker and a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) and Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW). I received my Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree with High Distinction from Carleton University and my Masters of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Waterloo.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dilectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused
- Single Session
Areas of Focus
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Women’s Issues
Beyond my work
In my personal life, I love spending time with my husband and dog, reading, baking and being in nature.
Benefits of Online Booking & Virtual Sessions
- Book anywhere, anytime.
- Get instant confirmation of your appointment
- No back and forth emails or voicemails
- Complete all paperwork online, no scanning and emailing required
- Attend therapy from the comfort of your own home with maximum comfort and privacy
- No need to arrange transportation or commute
- All you need is an internet connection and a quiet, comfortable space
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs!