Counselling starts by booking your initial session on the booking portal here.
This initial session is commonly called an “intake” session when we will go over any of the following:
- The limits to confidentiality, booking and payment policies
- Any of your previous experience with counselling including anything that has worked in the past or didn’t work at all
- Explore what brings you to therapy and how it impacts your daily life
- A brief overview of your family and personal history and backgrounds
- Figure out how counselling can help you
- Address any concerns or questions you may still have
Our current rates are as follows
- Individual Session: $120/60min.
- Couples or Family Session: $140/60min.
- Sessions may be extended past 60min in a pro-rated manner
- Preferred payment by e-transfer, also accept debit or credit
- Payment is required at the end of your session
- We also offer limited reduced rate sessions as well as our affordable therapy program
Our services can be covered under health insurance plans that cover the services of a Registered Psychotherapist. Please call your insurance provider ahead of time and ask the questions below:
- What credentials are required for the therapist’s services to be covered?
- What is the total amount of coverage you have left for the year. This could be a total dollar value or a percentage per session etc.?
- Is a physician’s referral/note required?
Please Note: We do not offer direct billing, but will provide you a receipt as proof of services. It is your responsibility to clarify your insurance coverage and file it. Full payment is always due at the time of your session.
If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to [email protected]
Our current hours are set by each individual therapist. Generally we are open Monday to Friday 9am-9pm and Saturday & Sunday 11am-5pm
By booking online, you’ll be able to see each therapists current availability and pick the best time for you!
- Book online to see our most up to date availability
- Call or email anytime and we’ll return your message within 24hrs
The best way to schedule a session is through the online booking portal, found right here on our website. Just create an account or login to your existing one and book yourself in for a good time for you! This means no emails or voicemails and no waiting for us to get back to you. You can also reschedule and cancel in the portal, as long as you provide 24-hours notice!
- Visit https://fancytherapyservices.janeapp.com/ and follow the instructions to book
We offer professional, virtual counselling services to anyone in Ontario. Our services are available to any individual, couple or family regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age or economic status. We offer:
- Individual Counselling
- Couples & Marriage Counselling
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Child & Teen Counselling
- Family Counselling
- Group Therapy (When available)
For details visit the session styles page
We cover a wide range of focus areas that you might be struggling with. Our therapists have varied backgrounds and experience. There are a number of specific issues that are associated with these experiences that we can help you work through:
- Relationship Challenges
- Grief and Loss
- Suicidal thoughts and self-harm
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Emotional Self-regulation
- Life Transitions
- Low Self-esteem
- Life Purpose and Identity
- Post-Partum Anxiety and Depression
- Parenting Support
For more details visit the Areas of Focus Page
We use an integrative approach to counselling and work to find an effective combination of treatment methods to suit your unique needs. Our primary treatment philosophy is that the client comes first, and we always want to meet you where you are at, during the time of our session, this is usually associated with person-centered therapy (PCT). We also use tools from:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness-based Therapy
- Existential Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Family Systems Theory
- Attachment Based Therapies
For more details visit the therapeutic techniques page
All information shared in a counselling session is private and confidential except in the following instances:
- There is a risk of imminent danger to yourself or someone else
- There is suspicion of abuse or neglect of a child, elderly, or otherwise vulnerable person
- A disclosure is ordered by a court
- There is reasonable belief that a health professional is guilty of sexual abuse
- There is a need to share information with the College of Psychologists of Ontario or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario for supervision or auditing purposes
*All contents of our sessions may be disclosed to our direct supervisors, who are also bound by these standards*
A typical session is 60 minutes long, with the final 10 minutes being dedicated to administrative function (booking your next session and payment). If you would like to have longer sessions, we can also arrange that. Usually…
- Sessions are 60, 90 or 120 minutes in length
- Sessions start off on a weekly basis
- After we see substantial improvement, we may choose to space out our sessions as needed (Every 2-3 weeks)
- If you feel you’ve made substantial progress that you don’t need weekly or bi-weekly sessions, we can change to follow-up sessions every month or so to ensure you are still feeling good. Like a check-up!
- If there are circumstances that arise you can easily request a change in frequency at anytime
- There is no limit to the number of sessions that you could need or want, and you are always in control of when/if you want to schedule another session
The number of sessions you may need has no minimum or maximum. It depends on a number of factors including how fast you make progress, the type of treatment required, the type of issues you are experiencing etc. Everyone is different, so there is no limit to how many sessions you can receive, once you are a client, you can always be a client if you so choose
- Usually people see great improvement in symptoms in the first 3-4 sessions
- Significant improvement is likely to occur after at least 8 sessions
- Many people see the long term benefits of counselling and having someone outside of your normal life, with unconditional positive regard for you as a person. Someone to listen. Especially those with more severe cases of anxiety, depression, trauma or addiction
We do not currently employ a sliding scale fee structure. However, Fancy Therapy may offer services at a reduced rate, at the individual counsellor’s discretion. Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis and vary from clinician to clinician. Please contact us directly for more information.